Sunday, March 21, 2010

That time I met Charlie Hall....

So, I'm in downtown SLO the other evening, meeting up with some friends at Firestone Grill. I noticed immediately that FG seemed busier than normal, but wasn't sure why. So I bump into my homie, Travis Avila, adn he informed me that a mutual acquaintance is in town getting married and that a ton of random people that we know were there, so it could have something to do with that. A few minutes later, I bumped into Joel Limpic, who was the friend in town getting married. Well, as it turns out, he spent some time training as a worship leader, under on of my favorite artists and worship leaders, Charlie Hall. I began talking briefly with Joel and happened to mention the name Charlie Hall, and no sooner had I mentioned the name than Joel points to a guy a few feet away, and it just happened to be Charlie freakin Hall. So, in an awkward way that only I can pull off, I asked Joel to introduce me, which he did, and I was stoked. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not all start struck or anything, but it's always nice to say you've met a person who has inspired you and that you look up to as a fellow leader and musical artist.

So, there you have it, that time I met Charlie Hall...

No comments: