Thursday, May 7, 2009

About Me...Part Deux

So, if you missed part one, check it out here.

So, I moved up here in 1992, which was the summer between my freshman and sophmore year of highschool.  Tough time to switch schools, but I was more than willing to make the sacrifice.  The move was a little rough.  I quickly jumped into a youth group with the Los Osos Vineyard church, made some great friends and quickly began enjoying the laid back central coast life.  I was never a big fan of highschool.  Highschool was rough.  I tried hard to fit in, make friends, be accepted, all the typical stuff.  Years later I found myself leadinga group of young highschoolers at the same church, and encouraging them to keep there eyes focused on God rather than external and temporary things.  

I graduated in 1995, and shortly before graduation, began working at Seashell Communities, which is a retirement home.hospital in Morro Bay.  After graduation, I put in my notice, and had plans to move to SLO and get a better job, maybe go to college, and whatever else.  Shortly after I gave my notice, I was told that I needed to sort of train the person who was going o replace me. Cool, right?  My replacements name was Cheryl Ranches, and you all now know her as Cheryl McCabe.  We bagan a short time of working together by her trying to set me up with a mutual firend, all the while I was trying to convince her that I was into her.  I asked her about 3 times I think, before she finally agreed.  We went and played tennis, and by the end, she was hooked.

To be continued...

1 comment:

Celi said...

See now this is the part where we lost contact, so I like catching up to see what you have been up to those missing years!! Cute how you met your wife! God works in mysterious ways!!! :)