Thursday, March 26, 2009

A little about me


So, I realized lately that there are some readers of my blog, that I have never actually met. Some I have just networked with through other blogs or through facebook or other such means.  I know you can't tell from all the comments people leave, but I discovered recently through a tracking tool that there are a few more readers than I originally thought.  After realizing that, I thought it may be worthwhile to just give a little info about myself.  This bio will come in several parts and probably not all back to back, but over time, they will give a little insight into the world of Will McCabe, for those that don't know me personally.

It all began in 1977.  Well, 1976 I guess if you want to get all technical about it.  My parents most likely either had an argument, or a few too many glasses of wine, but one way or another, my life officially began at the end of 1976 and I came screaming on the scene in August of 1977.  I was born in Hemet, California.  If you don't know where Hemet is, it's easy to find.  Just head straight to hell, and just before you get there, hang left and you'll run right into Hemet.  OK, maybe I exaggerate a little.  There are worse places to live.  I mean, I could have grown up in Coalinga (sorry Trav, couldn't help myself) or Modesto or some other God forsaken part of California. Hemet has changed allot, and is slightly more bearable than when I lived there, but I still wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.  Well, maybe my worst enemy, but I digress.

I was raised in Hemet until I was 14.  My parents divorced when I was around 2 years old I believe.  I grew up with my mom and a stepfather.  Without going into all the crazy details, I'll suffice it to say, life wasn't easy and I was anxious to leave and live with my dad.  I love my mom, and my sister and step sisters, but there was just a whole bunch of un-happiness in this family, and I needed to move on.  Little did I know, that God would use this move to drastically alter the course of my life.  To be continued...

Are you intrigued?  Stay tuned, and as always, feel free to chime in!

3 comments:

Celi said...

Ok so the comment about Hemet left me LMAO! You couldnt have said that better!! :)
Celi

Anonymous said...

Maybe I should not be reading your blog 11 o'clock at night, when all my little boys are sleeping. I busted out with a hard laugh on your directions on how one gets to Hemet. ~Skye

Jenn said...

C-town is AT LEAST five miles further from hell than Hemet. At least.