Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Another Day, Another Dollar!

Am i the only one that feels like I go to work everyday to get a paycheck that basically supports our entire way of life, and still feels unfulfilled most days? I get up every morning, go to work, sell ton's of stuff, and in the back of my mind, believe that somehow I will get rich or that money will become more abundant all of a sudden. 

I am tired of working for money. I want to work for God and for his purposes. I am tired of looking forward to every paycheck as if my life depends on it. i want my paycheck to be an afterthought, a byproduct of pursuing the King and his kingdom in the field that God has me in for how ever long He has me there. Mostly, I want to hear His voice every day. I want to live by his voice and follow his voice. I want my life to mean something for the Kingdom of God. I want everything I do to reflect His glory. I don't want to live another day for another dollar!

-Will

2 comments:

skylana said...

i dont feel that way about the whole kingdom thing.. but i stay at home, with my beautiful children everyday, not for a paycheck and i still feel unfulfilled... interesting.

Will McCabe said...

Since I wrote that post, which was originally about a year ago, I have spent a ton of time meditating on the following scripture.

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." Colossians 3:23-24

Basically, where I am at now, is when I am doing anything to please someone, or just to make money, or because it it my lot in life, I am miserable. When I do those same things with the motivation of pleasing God, the misery leaves. He seems to bring joy and fulfillment when we look beyond the money, monotony, or whatever it is that keeps us feeling the way we do. I do not believe God ever intended us to be miserable or unfulfilled, and we we come to the realization that we are created to please God, our life becomes meaningful and full of joy. I am still in this process, but it has been my recent experience and it is something I am convinced of. -Will