Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Do unto others...

"This year, or this month, or, more likely, this very day, we have failed to practise ourselves the kind of behaviour we expect from other people."--CS Lewis from The Case for Christianity


Do unto others...what a novel concept. This is such a simple life idea, yet failure to implement it begins a chain reaction of selfish and damaging behaviour that takes God himself to bring to an end. Why don't we or more importantly, why don't I practice this idea more in my everyday life. From opening a door, to letting someone into the lane in font of you, to smiling at your wife. I want others to treat me well right? I want to be treated fairly, with respect, with honesty, lovingly, and I mostly wish that people would think before they do things. Well, as is true with most things in life, the things we want from others, starts with us.

-Will

No comments: