Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Unspeakably, unimaginably good!


The God and Father of Jesus loves men and women not for what He finds in them, but for what He finds in them of Himself. It is not because men and women are good that He loves them, nor only good men and women whom He loves. It's because He is so unspeakably, unimaginably good that He loves men and women, even in their sin." - Brennan Manning




Romans 7:15 
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.


The is the story of our lives isn't it? It seems like I start our every day pumped and ready to effect change all around me, and by lunchtime, I have been more effected by otheres than they have by me. So many reasons...not enough time in prayer, not enough Bible reading, failing to walk by the Spirit, all around lack of motivation. What encourages me to continue to wake up and try again, is the fact that Jesus loves me, "even in my sin." 

Father, help us grasp the depths of your love for us and grant us hearts that are unwilling to accept things staying as they always have been.

2 comments:

skylana said...

dont worry about 'not enough time in prayer, not enough Bible reading, failing to walk by the Spirit, all around lack of motivation. ' and maybe just be who you are, freely and you'll affect more people. we are who we are for a reason, and i think that's what people need. i need people to be who they are, because thats where i find life and god.. thats what makes me feel i'm not alone.. people being people.

Will McCabe said...

Well, I think the problem with "being who I am" is that who I am, based on what I believe, is a sinner saved by grace. Being who I am without recognizing the sin part, makes Christ's sacrifice irrelevant. The idea for me, is to recognize the sin, accept the forgiveness and then be who God has really created me to be.

It's a struggle, yes, and I don't confess to have it all worked out, but it's the journey I am on. That is who I am.

BTW - I had a feeling you would be my first commentator, and am very much looking forward to more interaction. -Will