Sunday, June 21, 2009

Motorcycle Mishap!

Since I can remember, I have wanted to ride a motorcycle. I am a fairly safe person. Not prone to danger or much risk taking, but the motorcycle has called my name as long as I can remember. Most think I am crazy, but my wife, being the insightful person that she is, knew that this was something I needed to try and she wanted me to know that I would have her blessing, as long as I took every opportunity to be as safe as possible. Well, a while back, I received as a gift from a friend, a certificate for the Central Coast Motorcycle Safety class. Cheryl surprised me for Father's Day by registering me for this class and arranging for me to be off work to take it.

The classroom portion was last Tuesday, and i passed that with flying colors. The bike training was this weekend and was a slightly different story. I caught on pretty quick, but remember, I am 32 years old and have NEVER been on a bike before. Most others in the class had several years of riding experience and were just taking the class to get the insurance credit. Well, I felt a bit rushed, and didn't have the time I needed to get really comfortable on the bike. Long story short, I made a critical mistake and could not control the effects of said mistake. The result was a minor crash that had be dragged across the parking lot for about 8 feet.

Well, the time that I actually did ride, I really enjoyed. The crash, not so much. It sure has given me a lot to think about. My pride really wants me to try again, and I just might. My practical brain is definitely wondering if the risk is worth it. As always, I love hearing your opinion. Until then, enjoy the aftermath.



5 comments:

Alex said...

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, but hopefully you get back on and keep riding. Ride at your own pace and you'll soon realize your instincts are right - the motorcycle is calling your name

Dad said...

Sorry to hear of your minor misfortune. You probably learned more thoroughly than the others in the class! I'd say "get back on that horse". If you are near me, I'll let you try my 500.

Pete Woodworth said...

Dude, how could that happen with the training wheels on? Just walk it off. Plus, scars are COOL for your kids. heh heh

Travis Avila said...

nice legs

Will McCabe said...

Thanks man! Can you come take care of my owieeee!?