Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thursday Top Ten!

Last 10 books I have read (no particular order):
  1. 1776
  2. Blue Like Jazz
  3. Traveling Mercies
  4. Absolute Surrender
  5. Prayer: The Only Necessary Thing
  6. The Shack
  7. The Heavenly Man
  8. The Audacity of Hope
  9. To Own A Dragon: Reflections On Growing Up Without A Father
  10. Through Painted Deserts
10 Books that I would like to read before the end of the year:
  1. When Heaven invades Earth
  2. Good Morning Holy Spirit
  3. Liberty and Tyranny
  4. Finally Alive
  5. When I Don't Desire God: How To Fight For Joy
  6. Beyond Opinion: Living The Faith We Defend
  7. Jesus Among Other Gods
  8. What Bothers Me Most About Christianity: Honest Reflections Of An Open-Minded Christ Follower
  9. Pagan Christianity: Exploring The Roots Of Our Church Practices
  10. The Emperor Has No Clothes
What are you reading? What do you want to read? Tell me, I want to know!

2 comments:

writingmom said...

Are you happy now? Is this the right place? writingmom, that's me, Elizabeth

Last 10 books I've read: Just cuz you asked, plus my little comments on each which you didn't ask:

The Battlefield of the Mind (Joyce Meyer) Good
The Book of Bright Ideas (a novel Sanrdra Kring) Excellent
Jesus Among Other Gods (READ IT Ravi Zacharias) Extroardinary
Can Man Live Without God (READ IT Ravi Z)Ditto
The Shack (oh, what's his name ??) Umm . . .
Letters to My Daughter (Maya Angelou) Very Good because I like the cadence of her words. Content, take and leave this and that.
The Ambler Warning (Robert Ludlum) Excellent
The Slave Dancer (Paula Fox) Very Good
The Five People You Meet in Heaven (Mitch Albom) Take or Leave. At least I finished it.
All Over But the Shoutin' (Rick Bragg) What a good writer.

OOps that's eleven.

Will McCabe said...

Ha...writingmom. I love it!

There are a couple of your books that I have not heard of, but I just wanted to say that I LOVED The Shack. Loved it. Couldn't put it down, inhaled deeply, stinking, LOVED IT! In case you were wondering!